New Delhi Climate & Temperature
- New Delhi, India is at 28°34'N, 77°12'E, 216 m (709 ft). See map.
- New Delhi has a humid subtropical hot summer climate that is mild with dry winters, hot humid summers and moderate seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification New Delhi is situated in or near the tropical very dry forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 25.1 degrees Celsius (77.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 19.1 °C (34.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype semicontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 22.5°C (72.4°F) on average falling to 8.7°C (47.7°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 34.8°C (94.6°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 20.9°C (69.7°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 35.7°C (96.3°F) and average low temperatures are 27°C (80.5°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 31.8°C (89.3°F) during the day and lows of 19.2°C (66.5°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 790 mm (31.1 inches) which is equivalent to 790 Litres/m² (19.38 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2856 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from New Delhi you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Isla De Pascua-Mataveri, Chile where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
New Delhi Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
New Delhi Climate Graph in Metric Units
New Delhi Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of New Delhi, India Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India - 651.5 kms (404.9 miles) NNW
- Murree, Pakistan - 695.1 kms (431.9 miles) NNW
- Islamabad, Pakistan - 682.2 kms (423.9 miles) NW
- Jhelum, Pakistan - 587.1 kms (364.8 miles) NNW
- Sialkot, Pakistan - 504.8 kms (313.7 miles) NNW
- Amritsar, India - 406.7 kms (252.7 miles) NNW
- Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan - 430 kms (267.2 miles) NW
- Ludhiana, India - 281.8 kms (175.1 miles) NNW
- Multan, Pakistan - 586.8 kms (364.6 miles) WNW
- Bahawalnagar, Pakistan - 412.2 kms (256.1 miles) WNW
- Khanpur, Pakistan - 636.1 kms (395.3 miles) W
- Bikaner, India - 387.3 kms (240.7 miles) W
- Kota, India - 404.6 kms (251.4 miles) SSW
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India - 667.2 kms (414.6 miles) SSW